Wonderful progress is being made. Despite Ana's phobia for trying new foods, there are plenty of things that Ana has eaten that she will not eat on a regular basis. So, I still wasn't convinced that I could add almonds to the okay list of foods for her. Yesterday I gave her some sliced almonds and she took the whole bag and ate a few hand fulls. Then last night she brought the bag out to show Jory and told him that it was her new favorite snack.
I heard back from a few of my contacts and learned about a book and a few blogs to check out. I also found a professional in our area and made an appointment for a consultation. All great news and just in case you are interested, I've listed the resources below. I can't believe how difficult it was to find information on this, so hopefully this will help someone else some day too.
http://marblesfromheaven.blogspot.com/2009/03/food-therapy-session-1.html
http://www.cheriandlaura.blogspot.com/ also has a book called Food Chaining
http://pickytots.blogspot.com/
Today's Session:
Ariana ate Raspberries!! Today at breakfast Ana was eating her usual: Honey Nut Cherrios with Almond Milk. Mia and I were eating boiled eggs and I put a bowl of strawberries (Ana loves), blueberries (Ana tried once and said she liked, but will not eat again) and raspberries (Ana wouldn't try). I picked up a large raspberry and a smaller strawberry and held them up together. I laughed and said to the girls, "Look at these berries. They are very similar." The word similar has been on our unofficial vocab list lately and we try to take the opportunity to point out when things are similar. They found it very interesting. Then I put the raspberry on my pinky finger like an olive and then ate it. Ana thought that was cool and popped a raspberry in her mouth. Then she finished off the whole basket. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm so glad this is working and I hope she keeps it up.
I think it also helped that I didn't cut the tops off of the strawberries. Ana will eat them this way, but only when she has to, she usually asks me to cut the stems off. Since the raspberries were similar, but didn't have stems attached it made them easier to eat?? or not, I really don't care why she ventured out today I'm just glad she did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment