For the last few years my favorite part of Christmas has been taking the girls shopping for each other. This year I took Ana and Jory took Mia. It's always fun to see them pick out a gift, go down the isle of toys and trade their first choice for something better. Sometimes we have to ask them, "Is that something you would like, or is that something they would really like?" In the end they have always chosen something the other person would like more than them. This year Ana chose a baby doll for Mia, which was really good because Ana very rarely picks up a baby doll. She would rather play with a stuffed animal, polly pocket or Barbie. Mia picked out some Barbie clothes for Ana and was excited that she had enough money for two things.
Today I took each of the girls down stairs and had them wrap the presents they picked out. I'm so impressed that neither of them has spilled the beans yet. Last year Mia picked a Barbie for Ana and we didn't even get home before she blurted it out. Mia said she needed to put a pink and blue ribbon on Ana's present because those are her favorite colors and they are. I love to see how much they pay attention to what the other person would like. This year Ana wanted to write Mia a card and it's so sweet I had to share it. She told me what to write. She was talking a little too fast, but I think I got it all down.
Dear Mia, Thank you for my present. I hope you can open it [your present]. I love you very much and I'm never mad at you. I wish you can always open your present with the happiest face you ever got and if you do I will be so proud with my whole heart. Your heart is in your chest and it beeps very, very loud.
I thought it was super sweet that she thanked Mia for her present even though she doesn't know what it is. When we were shopping for Mia, Ana mentioned more than one time that she didn't want any boy toys. Ana wouldn't write Mia's name on the outside of the card, but she drew a picture of her instead ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a cute note! I also like your idea of taking your girls shopping to pick out a gift for each other. Such a good idea! If we don't have time to do that this year, I will definitely remember it for next year.
OH MY WORD! adorable! what precious memories! getting presents for my brother and then shopping with my brother for presents for my parents are some of my favorite memories of christmas growing up. i'm sure they will be for your girls too! you and jory are such great parents!
Post a Comment