Homeschooling Ana is fun (most of the time). Today I quized her on some words we have been practicing. I wrote down - She responded:
Ana - Ana
Mia - Mia
Mom - Mom
Dad - Daddy
Tiki - Thiago (so close!)
She knows the sounds and names of most of her letters. We're almost there. I think I will make her a special Alphabet crown to award her with when she finally gets them all. She is also very good at her number concepts. I'm trying to teach her to recognize groups of numbers from one to ten without counting. She has 1-5 down very well. I've been told that teaching young children how to count past 10 is actually handicaping them for learning multiplication, so I'm trying a different approach. We'll see how it goes and I'll let you all know if it is successful.
I love getting new ideas or tips on teaching preschoolers so please pass on good ideas if you have had some success with a learning style.
Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment