Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Not your typical Mickey Mouse Pancakes

Two years ago today at this very hour I was starting to relax, still breathing through contractions, but my epidural had kicked in to take the edge off. I only had four hours left until Amelia changed our lives and our outlook on little girls. Today she turns two and she just isn't your average two year old girl. Sometimes (when she laughs and trys to fart on me while I change her diaper) I wonder...maybe she was suposed to be a boy! Then I see her snuggle and love on her baby dolls and I know she has a nurturing side too. I've decided that she is probably going to be a mom of boys.

For the last few days I have been trying to think of what diner to make for Mia on her birthday. I want to make her favorite. I want her to love it and I want for her to feel special. The problem is that picky people are easier to please. Mia is so easy, she'll eat anything. So, I asked Ana:

Me: Ana, what should we make Mia for diner on her birthday?
Ana: weird look
Me: What's Mia's favorite food?
Ana: Cheese
Me: You are right, but we can't just have cheese for diner. What else?
Ana: Puppies
Me: Puppies for diner!?
Ana: We have to have some Doggies on her birday to say woof, woof.

Ok, so we know what Ana wants for her birthday, but what's for diner?

Mia's favorite foods...Cheese. Oh yeah and she has been eating no less than four eggs on the weekends when I make a real breakfast. Oh yeah, and she will down a whole bowl of guac when given the chance. So, Mia's favorite food list is: Cheese, Eggs and Guac...hum sounds like we're having Omlets for diner on Mia's birthday...with grapes on the side. YUM!

What a cutie! I'm so glad she was a girl, even if she is a giggles when she farts kinda girl!!

2 comments:

jer said...

Happy Birthday Mia. Love ya, uncle jer

Allison and Ben said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Mia, I'm so glad that you are here and have made the world that much better.