Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cookie Cutters

Some of you thought I was crazy to cut this beautiful hair, but it was just getting too long. Curly hair is pretty hard to take care of and while Mia is very patient while I brush and style her hair, I feel bad when she tells me "Owie, no Mommy." Her hair didn't hang past her shoulders when it was dry and curly, but when you got it nice and wet it would hang down to the middle of her back. Those little curls at the base of her neck are pretty tight.

This cool airplane was fun for about three minutes, and she got to watch Curious George on her own little screen...but eventually we resorted to bribery with lolly pops. She cut about an inch off all the way around, so it's still cute and layered.

Super cute hair style...I'll have to try this one out someday when she has a little more patience. I think I'm capable of cutting it on my own, it's hard to screw up curly hair after all. I just didn't think she'd sit still enough for me, so this time we went professional. I'm glad we did, even with all the distractions, she was pretty wiggly.
All done and ready for nap time. That wasn't so bad. I had them cut off an inch all the way around, but after it was said and done, I should have asked for at least an inch and a half. It's still pretty long. I'm probably the only one who can tell it has been cut. Maybe we'll go back for another inch next month ;-)


2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh I was so scared when I saw what you did. But I can't tell it was cut so you are forgiven. She brings a whole new meaning to curly sue doesn't she. :)

Allison and Ben said...

I still wish my kids had curly hair. She looks beautiful as always. I can't get the picture to be bigger to see the fun hairstyle, I'll try from facebook. I am always looking for new ways.