Friday, December 18, 2009

2009 Dunn Family Christmas Letter

Call it saving a tree or being lazy or cheap or whatever you like. I'm posting our Christmas letter here and hoping that you have a chance to log on and read our year in review.

We had a great year. We did a lot of playing, working and traveling. Our traveling started in April with a trip to California. For Ana's third birthday we took her to the happiest place on earth and also did some other, fun California sight seeing. If you would like to read more about it and see pictures, look up blog entries from April 2009. In May we took a trip up to Seattle and the girls got to take their first flight on an airplane. In June we made a trip to the cabin and in July we spent the fourth of July in Denver seeing Great Grandpa Dar. We also went with the Hinkles for a long weekend up at Flaming Gorge in July. I think we took the rest of the summer off, but had lots of fun at home.

Jory is still working for Software Technology Group as a software consultant. We love the company and how it's run. They treat Jory very well. Early this year Jory started working on a project for the state of Utah and so he has been working four-tens and getting three day weekends. I love it and I am getting a little spoiled. I will be really sad when he has to go back to a regular schedule.

I have had quite a busy schedule this fall, mostly doing babysitting at various churches for women's bible study, but a little at the house too. I also help to lead a group called MOPS (Mother's of PreSchoolers) that meets at our church. I love MOPS and have made some really good relationships through this group of women. I recently decided that I have been too busy and I am trying to cut down on my time out of the house. We'll see how that goes :-)

Next year we would like to start home schooling Ariana and I would like to get a normal routine down before that time comes so it will be an easy transition. I'm not 100% decided that we are going to home school her through all of her school years, but I'm sure at least through preschool she will be home schooled. She gets a lot of social time through MOPS, and Sunday school and we also had her in swimming lessons this summer.

Amelia enjoyed her first season of swimming lessons this year also and is becoming a little more social as well. She enjoys playtime in the nursery at church. When we drop them off they run in the class and usually don't look back. Her vocabulary is growing everyday and it's fun to talk with her.

I hope that you and your family are well this Christmas and that your lives are full of joy in 2010.

1 comment:

Christy said...

OH man I am not your sister any more just a Hinkle. ouch!! Don't know why but that took me by surprise.