For Jory's 26th birthday I took him out of town on a little weekend away to Cedar City. 


It was an incredible play. The best acting I've ever seen, especially Othello, he was great. We had tons of fun and can't wait to go back and do it again.


We hiked up at Cedar Breaks National Monument at 10,000 feet to the Amphatheatre which is over 2.000 feet deep and we also saw Othello at the Utah Shakespearean Festival.

It was an incredible play. The best acting I've ever seen, especially Othello, he was great. We had tons of fun and can't wait to go back and do it again. 
This is a Bristle Cone Pine Tree that we saw on the trail. It is a really neat looking tree so I took several pictures of it. I've heard that the oldest living thing is a Bristle Cone Pine in Southern Utah...and all I can find online is a lot of conflicting info. One thing I have read is that the forestry service will not lable the oldest tree they have found in order to avoid vandalism...so who knows maybe this is the oldest tree in the world.




2 comments:
Sounds like you both had a great time, 10,000ft, I don't think that I could look over the edge. Fun thing to do on your b-day.
Fun, a weekend alone! So lucky. Maybe one day soon, after we are all done with this house business. Gosh Jory is getting so old, hee,hee.
Post a Comment