
I sold the inoperable wood burning stove last fall, so now we are removing the surround.

The room looks so much bigger now. It will make a great classroom someday. The more often you take a sledge hammer and crowbar to your home the less nervous you get. It's pretty fun to smash things up sometimes. The rock came off much easier than either of us expected and we were both prepared for putting up new drywall behind the rock, but the existing drywall isn't in bad shape. I'll add a little texture and vwala, we'll have a new room...I will have to call someone to patch the carpet though...I've never done that before.
Next item on the list: Update the entry. Here is Jory helping me tear down the wood paneling above the front door.
There is finished (but damaged) drywall behind the wood, but they painted it black. It was the same in the dinning area. Several coats of primer, new texture and a new front door with windows on either side and above will open this area up and give the living room so much more light.
I'm so excited about the new front door. I got an incredible deal on KSL.com on a gently used door with a sun light on either side and a window above. It's going to look great. We just have to wait for a free weekend with good weather to finish this project up. I can't wait. Other plans for the summer include painting the living room, making new curtains with matching throw pillows and of course I must make curtains for my new door windows...or else I won't be able to hide from the solicitors!




3 comments:
wow that looks like lots of work. can't wait to see finished product
I'm so sad I'm not there to help. And black paint what were they thinking. I'm excited for you guys that things are going well with your home remodel. I can't wait to see the door, I bet it will look great.
And I don't think I've seen the dining room you'll have to send or post some pics.
You guys have your work cut out for you! It's going to look great though. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Oh and taking the kids to one of those bouncy places sounds like fun. We're free the 28th after about 10... let me know what you think!
Post a Comment