Friday, April 30, 2010
Hooters
After our visit to the Aquarium of the Pacific last week, we took a walk to find some lunch. In the distance we saw a Famous Dave's BBQ and decided it sounded good. On the way we passed a Hooters and jokingly, I suggested we eat there. There was a little giggle, then my mom told us a story about my dad's brother. Apparently they were in a similar situation one day and he said he wanted Hooters for this birthday. After that everyone in the family always got him owls for his birthday so he had quite a collection of owls around his house. Then my very innocent husband says, "So do you really like roosters, or do you just collect them because everyone always gets them for you?" Cynthia was the first one to bust up laughing. My mom started laughing shortly after and tried to give Jory her best appalled look. My mom decorates her kitchen with roosters; I still didn't get it. Jory was bright red and when he said he didn't mean it like that I got it. We were all laughing hysterically. I'm sure he really didn't mean it like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
oh this is so funny. Best part is I got to explain it to Jer. But it was cute because he just didn't think your minds would have gone there. I know I know he's been in the family long enough to get it but maybe he's getting an inocent brain. oh well
Post a Comment