I love driving with my girls. There is something about getting them in the car and forcing them to sit still with so much visual stimulation available that makes them open up and talk. I love it.
Today a rather rude person cut us off, drove in the oncoming traffic lane, drove through a parking lot only to stop and wait with the rest of us who were patiently waiting at the signal to turn right...all of this with a very young child sitting in the front seat. The child not only should have been in the back seat, but probably should have been in a booster seat too. Let's just say I was a little bit frustrated...and Ana, being the observant back-seat driver that she is, said to the woman in the yellow Nissan Pathfinder, "You better be good or the policemens are going to take your car away!" I told Ana she was right. We better be good drivers or the policemen who are here to keep us safe will take away our privileges to drive. Please let us all not forget that we are teaching our children (even our two year olds) how to drive everyday by our example. If you don't want your kids to do it when they turn sixteen, then don't do it.
Then we turned a corner and Ana made me laugh so hard I forgot all about the stupid yellow Pathfinder driver. We passed a Liberty Tax place with a blow-up Statue of Liberty on the roof. Ana pointed her out and I started to ask her questions about the statue lady (training up those scientific observation skills). We talked about her torch and her book and then I said something about her crown being like a princess and Ana said, "No, it's not like a princess. A Statuet of Wiberie is like a alien." I guess that crown didn't fool Ana...she knows a little green guy when she sees one!




2 comments:
too funny
Hilarious! Garrett and Troy were driving somewhere the other day and Garrett declared, "I see an alien!" It took Troy a minute but then he realized that Garrett saw one of those "Houston" billboards with the astronaut on them.
Post a Comment