Here are two more fun, easy craft jewelry ideas. The trick to these two crafts is this hard to find stuff called Diamond Glaze. I bought mine off of Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=diamond+glaze&x=0&y=0)
Glass tile necklace charm. You will need Diamond Glaze, super glue, a 1"x1" clear glass tile, scrapbook paper and the little "hangy thing" ...sorry, I don't know what that thing is called. If you don't have diamond glaze, Mod Podge might work for this, but I don't know how it will hold up, especially if it gets wet.This is really easy. Just use the super glue to put the paper, face up behind the glass tile (you could do this with a picture too) and then cover the underside of the paper with the Diamond glaze. Wait for it to dry and super glue the hangy thing in place. You could even put the hangy thing in the corner for a diamond shaped charm. Cute, cheap and simple.
Washer earings. I had a necklace too, but the girls adopted it and I can't find it anywhere. So for this you need the Diamond Glaze, scrapbook paper, 1" washers (yep, the kind from home depot or lowes) earring hooks, two sizes of jump rings. I'm pretty sure those are called jump rings ;-) You will also need two pairs of needle nose pliers or small jewelry pliers.
Cut the scrap paper into one inch circles (I use my cricut and a regular hole punch for the middle). Use the Diamond glaze to glue paper onto washers and then cover the paper with another layer of Diamond glaze. Let it dry for several hours at least, preferably overnight. Then you can turn it over and put another paper on the back side too if you want. Don't jump the gun, let it dry all the way.
Hopefully you can see how to put it together, because I don't know how to explain that. To open the jump rings, do not pull the rings open by making the circles bigger, instead pull them open to the side making the rings look more like a spiral...see instructions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2OihVBhCes
If you want to dare the washer necklace without a picture...it's very easy. Use a 2" washer (I like the thin ones better, the thicker washers are pretty heavy and when you bend over to pick up your toddler it will smack them in the face...depending on how long you make it ;-)
Oooh, found this picture online. Google Washer necklace and there are even videos on YouTube for how to make them. So easy, and cute.I like to put a bead on the string above the washer.

Okay, have fun! and let me know what questions that you have.




No comments:
Post a Comment