For my dear friend Allison. Here are the directions for making the beaded watch bands. Please let me know what questions you have.
In addition to beads and the watch face these are a few things you will need. I usually try to use the larger gauge stretch string, but some beads wont fit on it.I made the black and white and my friend Amy made me the brown/green colored one.
First, lay out your beads, clips and little spacer bars the way you want them to go on your band. Notice that there is a bead between each little clip; it is about a half inch long. There are also four little round beads after each clip, to keep the end of the clip from going up the hole of the larger beads that are next to it.
Start stringing beads with the 1/2 inch bead that goes between the clips, then add the first clip and all the beads going down one side, including the two spacers. Continue adding the clips on the other side making sure that you put all of the clips on facing the same way. Start adding beads going back down the other side and lace the stretchy string back through the spacer at the appropriate time. When you pull it tight it will start to look like a watch band...see pic below.
Add the last of your beads and the last clip, then tie the stretchy string in a knot. Pull it snug, but not too tight or you'll pull all of the stretch out of your string. After you knot it, pull the knot away from the beads and put a dab of super glue on the knot. Let it dry for a minute before you let go and let it dry for an hour or so before you clip the extra string off.
I'm sure you will have questions, just let me know so I can answer them for you.




1 comment:
Thanks Missy, I will have to check this out this weekend. They are just too cute! I think they will be a big hit.
Post a Comment