Thursday, November 3, 2011

OH the things they say II

I should be posting Halloween pics, but I guess I have some catching up to do.  Has it really been since June?

Well a while back I blogged about some embarrassing moments in a Walmart. See: Oh the things they say http://missymaydunn.blogspot.com/2011/01/oh-things-they-say.html

Soon after that we saw a little person at Costco.  The little person works at Costco giving samples out.  The first time that the girls saw the little person one of them said, "Oh, look at the cute little lady."  Well, he wouldn't make eye contact with me after that so I couldn't apologize without possibly embarrassing him more so I let it be, but now I do try to steer clear of the little man.  The girls and I have had many conversations about people who are different and how we should treat them just like everyone else.  It's okay to have questions, but they should ask me first and be discrete because we don't want to offend anyone.  Despite our conversations about discreteness, they are too curious not to make a scene.

So... one day...we're at Costco, going down the outer isle to avoid the little person that is giving samples down the center isle.  You know how long Costco isles are...and this is the conversation that takes place between the girls as we pass the isle that the little person is working at:

Ana: Oh look, there are the little people
Me:  after looking to confirm that there is only one, I acknowledged by saying something like, "Yes, he is working today."
Mia: You know...but...maybe it's just...well, sometimes, when things are far away they look smaller.

Oh my Mia.  She says the cutest things and she always wants to have a resolution for everything.  She loves to give and serve.  I need to learn to let her give and serve because sometimes it just looks like she gives away everything she has, but I've learned that givers aren't happy with things they are happy giving.  She is a great sister and friend.  I pray some day Ana wont just love Mia, but will finally see what a great gift she has been given.

My baby turns four in one week.

No comments: