


Before Ariana was born I saw a sandbox in a catalog that was so cute, but terribly over priced. I clipped it out and thought maybe one day we can make it for our baby….so here it is…almost. The bummer is that the catalog picture blew away just a few minutes after getting started so you’ll never be able to compare the two. I can be kind of crafty sometimes, but like I have told many of you before, I’m not very creative. I’m just able to copy things I’ve seen. Day one I put the frame together…but I don’t care much for using a drill so I tried to use these little nails I bought. Unfortunately, the sandbox kept falling apart every time I tried to move it. Jory came to my rescue and drilled it all together for me. It’s not going anywhere now. Day two I made the canopy and stained and sealed the wood. It’s all shiny now. The canopy is screwed to the top of the posts with little curtain rod finals that I had left over from some rods I bought for our bedroom…so that’s why they don’t match, but they work great. I put some grommets in the corners of the canopy material so that it wouldn’t rip if it gets windy…hopefully it works. And finally day three I cut and covered the bench. It’s not screwed down yet; I will need Jory’s help again for that task. I also plan to go over to Christy’s house tonight and begin cutting wood for the triangular shaped toy box that will go on the front and actually make it look like a little sail boat…if only I could find a boat steering wheel. If anyone sees one, please let me know. My plan is to fill it with sand this weekend. Help me pray it stays in one piece!!




3 comments:
Missy, I am so impressed! I may have to copy your idea someday! It is sooo cute!
I just love it. You guys are doing a great job. I can't wait to see it all done. They will love playing in the sand. Hopefully they will get dirty, hee.
Wow you rock! What a great idea... The girls will love it I'm sure. And yes, I would love to do a photography class. Let me know if you find a good one, maybe we could take it together!
Post a Comment