We "hiked" up to Bridal Veil Falls on Memorial Day. It wasn't much of a hike considering it only took five minutes and it was paved the whole way. Mia still didn't make it, she had to be carried for a little while (next time we'll leave early and try not to hike during naptime.)
We'll go again soon. The girls liked seeing the falls and playing in the water. I'd like to see it flow a bit more so maybe when it starts to really warm up around here (any day now...)
So...after the trip to the falls we started having car trouble. Ugh, I know. Is there anything more stressful than car trouble? I can't think of anything right now. So, we're 40+ miles away from home and my car starts making the worst noise ever. Really, it sounded like there was a lawn mower under the hood or under my seat. I've never heard a car make such a noise so I thought this must be really bad! We decided to go have a little lunch and then try to get the car to a garage so that we could see if the problem behind the noise was going to cause any worse damage to the car if we drove it back home.
Thankfully after lunch the car decided to behave. We drove home slowly in the right lane with the a/c off...because that's just what you do when your car is acting up right? Well that evening we had Christy and Jeremy over for dinner. Jeremy and Jory went out to see if they could get the intermittent problem to happen again and thankfully they were able to. I really hate intermittent problems. I'd rather something just broke all the way rather than just act up occasionally (I know, I have trust issues). When the car was making the horrid noise, I told Jory "don't worry, this is going to cost $20 tops. I bet it's just my air filter." (because, you know, dirty air filters are known to make that type of noise when they get all gunked up)...all the while I was seriously hoping it would cost less than $1,000! So, Jeremy was standing in front of the car when Jory got it to reproduce the noise and so he could tell where the sound was coming from a bit better. He fixed it without even popping the hood. There was a stick stuck in my fan! Ha ha, I know really funny, huh?
Jory says that he has been having to tell Ana to stop "feeding" the cars grass lately. That may be where it came from, but you never know...maybe it was tossed up by another car on the road. We'll never know. All I do know is I'M SO STINKING THANKFUL that it was just a silly stick! Thank you, God. Thank you!




1 comment:
The falls look great. I don't think we ever went there. Thank goodness it was just a stick. I like easy fixes like that.
Post a Comment